Visitors!

11/18/2010


updating: the cake and things owned by my baby visitor who came with her parents. :)


(In Portuguese)


Today I had lunch at a small restaurant here in college, it was rice and beans with a salad that was so-so.
The thing is: my mother and a couple of friends are coming to visit town, and they're staying at my place. So I baked them a wellcome cake (that's an habit I have learned from my grandmother).


This cake it really quick to prepare, then you can do a thousand things while it's on the oven.

Carrot cake
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar (lately I've been using organic granulated sugar for everything)

1 large carrot or 2 small ones
1/3 cup oil
2 eggs
1 level tablespoon baking powder
1 pinch cinnamom, if you like.

I sifted the flour and baking powder, processed everything else in the blender, then mixed it all in a bowl. Done.
This batter is heavier/creamier than usual cake batter.

Supposedly, it must stay in the oven for 40 minutes. But it wasn't ready yet, so I lowered the heat and left it there 20 minutes more.
It has grown so much that the top cracked! Came out pretty yellow, and I think I tastes good. When I get home I'll ask them about it, and take a picture.

PS: as I was in rush, I didn't make icing. Instead I sprinkled some confectioner's sugar.

1 comentários:

flanzie said...

Lindeza da minha vida!

Quero um pedaço desse bolo. Preciso aprender a fazer bolo, as visitas chegam aqui em casa e o máximo que eu tenho pra elas é um copo com leite e ovomaltine, hahah.


Beijo, flor. Adorei que podemos trocar receitas mais facilmente agora (apesar de que eu nunca faço nada difícil - um bolo é difícil, por exemplo, haha).

:)

Post a Comment