Cloudy saturday.

11/13/2010


(In Portuguese)


Now I present a lunch I made myself.

Pumpkin and pea soup


1/2 small pumpkin (I don't know what's this specific one is called in English)
1 generous handful of snap peas
1 medium potato (I used the pink one, but they're all the same really)
1 carrot
1 small onion
1 pinch of curry
1 pinch of black pepper
1 pinch of dried basil (fresh would be better)
salt as needed
olive oil or butter as needed

After washing/peeling/chopping everything and putting a kettle to boil some water, I sauté the onion and potato in a bit of olive oil, medium fire, until they became soft and the potato started to roast.
Then I put in the pumpkin sliced in long strips and sauté until it's soft.
Now I pour in the hot water and let it simmer for a while.
Since the broth was kind of thin, I added the carrot and peas, then processed in the blender some of the broth and about 3 ladles of vegetables.
Mix everything again and let it simmer until the broth has a nice consistency, not too thin, not too creamy.
Toss in the spices, the salt, turn off the stove and let it in the pan a little more.
And tah-dah.
It's a warm soup, because of the curry and pepper, and it is a little bit sweet, because of the curry and basil. Yum!

0 comentários:

Post a Comment