Lentils.

11/14/2010


(In Portuguese)


Well, in my home we have always eaten lentils with rice, in the same way we eat rice and beans.





Sometimes we even make some farofa and stuff.
Today I cooked quick lentils, but I cooked plenty of it so that I'll have some lunch ready in advance for the first days of the week

(I don't cook lunch everyday).
And the rice is the same basic one as always (I use the brown rice).
Lentils
250g lentils
1 potato
1 carrot
1 large onion
1 or 2 cloves of garlic
1 small handful of chopped parsley
1 teaspoon of coriander seeds
1 pinch of black pepper
1 pinch of rosemary
1 table spoon of sunflower oil (actually, any oil will be fine)
salt as needed
After washing/peeling/chopping everything and putting a kettle to boil some water, I put the lentils and rosemary in the pan and mix with the oil. Turn on high heat, pan with the lid on, stir from time to time, until the lentils begin to toast a little bit.
I add the onion and garlic (today I'm out of garlic and parsley, ought to do some shopping), let it on medium heat, lid on, stirring sometimes.
After 5 minutes I add the carrot and potato (I also used the half pumpkin leftover yesterday).
It's good to pour in a bit of water, to help the vegetables free the water they contain.
5 more minutes of that.
When everything becomes soft and the lentils are kind of shriveled, I put the coriander and pour in the boiling water. Cover again with the lid and let it simmer for 40 minutes.
Then add salt and pepper.
If the broth is ok, that's it. Turn the heat off and add the parsley.
If you think it's too thin, process some of the vegetables in the blender and voilà.

0 comentários:

Post a Comment