Not made to look good...

11/28/2010


(In Portuguese)


Yesterday I had picnic with some friends at ibirapuera park.
I baked some cookies to bring. They were pretty ugly, but tasted nice.
Next time I'll give more attention to they're appearance...



Peanuts and orange cookies
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup oat
50ml (= one coffee cup or 1/5 of a tea cup) oil
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 teaspoon salt
1 cup toasted peanuts, preferably without the skin
Zest of 1/2 an orange + 2 tablespoons of it's juice


First of all, I put the sugar in a bowl and pressed the big lumps agains the bowl with a wooden spoon to dissolve them. Then I added the oil and beat it until well incorporated, it will form a cream.
Then I added vanilla, the orange zest, and one or two tablespoons of the juice and beat again.
Now the right thing to do would be sift the flour/baking soda/salt and add to the batter little by little.
I wasn't that delicate: neither have I sifted it, nor added slowly. It worked out, though.
The point is the batter was still too soft.
So I processed one cup of whole oat in the blender to make it smoother, and at this time I added it little by little. I used the whole cup, but it may not be necessary.
After that I processed the peanuts just a little bit, so I wouldn't have huge chunks of peanut in the cookies. They were kind of hard to blend in, as the batter wasn't soft anymore. But it worked.
Then pre-heat the oven to a medium temperature. It equals about 180oC.
Measuring with a teaspoon I formed small balls, placing them in the baking sheets lined with parchment paper. After that I flattened them all.
Each batch was in oven for 11 minutes, the cookies grew on the top and were quite fluffy, but sideways they almost didn't grow.
With this recipe I got 55 cookies.

0 comentários:

Post a Comment