Follow-up.

11/21/2010


(In Portuguese)


Well, I've written about the thanks shortbreads, now it'll be the cookies.
I've adapted this from a recipe by Patrícia.
Only one thing before I start: I ain't used to cook thinking about telling it to people later, to I do things such as adding "some" chocolate. But in these times, Patrícia can save us, because she explains everything nicely, counting mls and grams and ounces.

All I can say is that my life changed since I started to consider 1 cup = 240ml. :)
That said, here's what I did:

Chocolate and nuts cookies

2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda



¾ teaspoon salt
1 cup (230g, two sticks) unsalted melted butter, slightly cooled
1 cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
I used 2 big chunks of dark chocolate, chopped (I used a brand named nugali, which I like because of their tasty dark chocolate)
About 100g chopped walnuts, pecans and Brazil nuts

I took advantage of the hot oven, because of the rosemary shortbreads I was baking just before, but if the whole baking process was to start now, this is the time to turn on the medium heat.
As these cookies aren't made for cutting, there's no need to worry about an area to roll the dough.
All right.
So put the sugars on a bowl with the butter, and beat it with a wooden spoon until it's turns into a fluffy cream.
Then add flour/salt/baking soda, a bit at a time, sifting. That will ensure a smooth dough.
If it's too crumbly, use the water spoon trick, adding A TEASPOON AT A TIME until it's smooth.
Mine didn't need no water. After the dough is all right I add the chocolate and nuts.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (mine was already lined, because of the previous baking), and make small balls with the dough - portions of a tablespoon each.
Flatten the balls and place them on the sheet, about 5cm apart of each other.
Honestly, I don't know for how long each batch has been in the oven. You can tell they're done when the borders start to brown, and they'll be still soft in the center.
Wait for the cookies to cool a bit before you take them off the sheet, otherwise they can easily brake.
Done.
I can say, with no modesty at all, that these cookies are a hit. haha

1 comentários:

Patricia Scarpin said...

Que querida vc, falando de mim assim. ;)
Teus cookies ficaram lindos e eu amei saber que vc gostou da receita.
Beijo!

Post a Comment