Pasta over garlic, oil and mint.

8/17/2011





I think that lazy and/or tired people do have the right to a nice little dinner after a long work day.
So I just decided to get a bit off the beaten track by adding ground fresh mint leaves to the oil in this classic pasta.

As usual, I cooked a portion of penne.
Peeled and chopped 3 garlic cloves very thinly, and fried it over low heat in olive oil, until it started to brown. I turned off the heat and set aside.
With my pestle and mortar (which I'm in love with) I ground 10 fresh mint leaves, until they turned into a pulp.
Honestly, I think I could have used twice as much mint, but I didn't feel like killing my young mint plant.
Once it has grown a little, I'll be able to pick more leaves at a time.
Anyway, when the mint turned into a pulp I added 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper to the mortar and crushed it roughly, along with a drizzle of olive oil.
I scraped the mint/oil/pepper mixture into the garlic/oil mixture, stirred it all, threw the cooked pasta into the pan and tossed to coat well, transferring immediately to the serving dish.

0 comentários:

Post a Comment