White yogurt cake.

8/01/2011




(Em português)


This is a basic everyday cake, so so fluffy.
The recipe is quite a bit adapted from here.


1/8 cup (30ml) corn oil
2/3 cups granulated sugar
1 egg
1 cup flour
1/2 generous teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (80ml) natural yogurt
(Cup measure: 240ml)


With a fouet I whisked the egg and oil briefly, to form a foam.
I added the sugar, a bit at a time, and went on whisking, until the foam turned into a light colored cream.
To it I added the yogurt and salt, stirring well.
Then I sifted the flour into the bowl, half at a time, stirring at each addition.
Lastly I added the baking powder, mixing gently.
I baked the cake in a porcelain bundt pan I earned as a gift from my mom. Because it's made out of porcelain, I have to use it in lower temperatures (so that the outside won't bake much earlier than the inside, otherwise it might burn) - I baked it at 150oC for one hour.
And being it a bundt pan, I need some patience when unmolding: I wait for the cake to cool down for at least 20 minutes, then take it out and let it cool completely over a rack.
Ain't it pretty? I think it's super worth it to take these extra cares. :)

0 comentários:

Post a Comment