Italian-ish: pumpkin and carrot soup.

6/28/2011



In a cold night, there is nothing like a good soup. Which is an indication that many soups will appear in the next posts...
This one, seasoned with cinnamon and rosemary, won my heart in no time. I found the recipe here.


Pumpkin and carrot soup
1 small pumpkin (550g)
3 small carrots (350g)
1 medium white onion
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
Water enough to cover the vegetables
Salt to taste

I started off peeling and chopping the pumpkin into big chunks, did the same with the carrot.
Then I put a kettle to boil some water.
I sauteed the onion in the olive oil, next adding the vegetables and sprinkling the cinnamon.
I let it sauté for 15 minutes more.
Then I poured water enough to cover the vegetables. The idea is to avoid too much liquid, so that the soup turns out creamy.
I let it simmer for 30 minutes over medium heat, lidded, until the veggies were really soft.
Then I processed it all in the blender, rosemary and salt included.
I heated the soup again a little bit, then served.

Yields 2-3 servings.

0 comentários:

Post a Comment