Flaxseed bread.


This bread came out really really soft and tasty, good to serve as a snack.
I think it would work perfectly for sandwiches as well, if baked in a loaf pan.
Adapted from here.

1 1/3 cup lukewarm water
3 level teaspoons dry yeast
2 level teaspoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons softened butter or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil with neutral flavor
1 level teaspoon salt
2 cups (300g) all purpose flour
1/2 cup (100g) flaxseeds
3/4 cup (100g) rolled oats (or 1/2 cup whole wheat flour)
(Cup measure: 240ml)

I combined the yeast, water and sugar in a bowl and let it rest for 5 minutes, so that the yeast would start developing.
After that I added the oil and salt, and little by little added the remaining ingredients, stirring with a wooden spoon. The dough was very soft.
I let it rest for 20 minutes in a warm place.
Next, I scraped the dough onto the floured counter and started kneading, adding some flour (up to 1/3 cup) to prevent it from sticking to my hands.
The dough was still very soft. I kneaded it for less than 10 minutes, then shaped a ball and placed it back in the bowl, covering with plastic.
The original recipe asks for a 1 hour and 30 minutes rise, but I wanted fresh bread in the morning, so I just let it rise for 11 hours.
There was no problem at all, even less because the weather is cold.
If it were warm, I think it would be better to leave the dough in the fridge to wait for so long.
Anyway, in the morning I kneaded the dough again, lightly, and shaped to loaves.
I placed them in a parchment paper lined baking sheet, generously floured.
I let it rise for 30 minutes before baking (when there were 15 minutes left, I turned on the oven at 230oC, high temperature, to preheat it). I sprinkled a bit of water and slashed the breads tops before putting them in the oven.
After 10 minutes, I lowered the temperature to 180oC (medium) and baked for 20 minutes more.
Then I flipped the breads upside down and turned off the heat, letting the breads in the over for another 10 minutes.
I transfered them to a rack and waited for them to cool completely.

0 comentários:

Post a Comment