Cornmeal lemon snaps.

6/15/2011




Continuing the enormously titled post, the recipe for the snaps,
adapted from here.


1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons (55g) confectioner sugar
2/3 cup + 2 tablespoons (100g) corn starch
1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons (100g) fine cornmeal
5 level tablespoons (75g) cold butter, diced
1 large egg yolk + cold milk until completing 50ml
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
(Cup measure: 240ml)

I sifted all of the dry ingredients, including sugar, into a bowl.
I also passed the yolk through a sieve into a measuring cup, and added milk to complete 50 ml. 
I added the cubes of butter to the dry ingredients, along with the grated lemon rind, and kneaded the dough with my hand until I got a crumble. I poured in the yolk + milk mixture and kneaded until it formed a smooth ball of dough.
If needed, you can add a little more milk, one teaspoon at a time, until you reach the right consistency.
I placed the dough in the fridge for a few minutes, so that it wouldn't become to soft.
Then I turned on the oven at 180oC to let it preheat while I shaped the cookies as small balls, measuring one teaspoon of dough each.
I transfered them to parchment paper lined sheets and baked for about 10 minutes, until the cookies started to brown very very slightly.
When I took them out, I transferred them to a cooling rack until completely cool.
Then I removem the cookies from the paper, one by one.

It yielded 62 snaps.
I think they could be even smaller, measuring one coffee spoon each.

*This is to ensure that the cookies won't taste like egg.

0 comentários:

Post a Comment