It's hot in here, right?

12/09/2010



(In Portuguese)


Yeah, it's hot.
But I don't mind, I made soup anyway.




1 small eggplant in tiny cubes

1 carrot in cubes
1 handful of broccoli (with leaves, stems and everything)
1 onion in strips
1 clove of garlic thinly sliced
1 kettle of boiling water (precision in measures ain't my forte)
1 or 2 table spoons olive oil
zest of 1/2 a lemon
salt as needed


After washing the greens and soaking the broccoli, I chopped the eggplant in 0,5cm cubes.
Sauté first the garlic then the onion in the olive oil, until they become soft and start to brown.
Then I added the eggplant. I sauté until tender, added the carrot.
When the carrot turned soft, I poured the water and covered with the lid to leave it simmering for 30 minutes.
I processed about 4 ladles of vegetables in the blender (taking care to leave the onion out of it, because I prefer it in bigger pieces) and poured it back in the pan for another 30 minutes.
After that, the broth had become a little thicker, so I tossed the roughly chopped broccoli and the lemon zest, leaving it in the heat for 5 minutes, covered with the lid.
I put the salt, and even thought of some black pepper, but I gave up on that because of the weather.
The lemon zest gives the soup a nice flavour, making it a little less winter-ish.
I don't know. Once I saw that in a recipe for lentils and liked it a lot.
:)

0 comentários:

Post a Comment