Ginger and pepper salad dressing.

2/24/2012





I think salad recipes are something funny. I've always had this impression that salad is a matter of combining whatever you have on hand. It's just washing the leaves, chopping some vegetables, add olive oil, salt, and lemon or vinegar. There, why complicate it?
But then I saw this chinese salad recipe, from which I took the inspiration for this dressing.
And I started reading salad pride more often, because I used to just pass by there quickly to take a look at the pictures. So I changed my mind on the subject.


I have prepared my salad with cos lettuce, chinese cabbage, radicchio, and kale. Did you notice the pretty kale I got at the farmer's market? It's got purple stalks and lines of the same color on the leaves.
I washed one head of each kind of leave, soaking them in water with white vinegar for 15 minutes, then washing each leave under running water. For the salad in the picture, I used 3 or 4 leaves of each kind, cut in strips. I also included the kale stalks in small pieces.
The only different one is chinese cabbage, which I wash whole (not separating each leave), then I "slice" it.

For the dressing:
2cm fresh ginger root
1 fresh red pepper
1 teaspoon brown sugar
Juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon soy sauce
3 tablespoons olive oil

With pestle and mortar, I crushed the ginger and pepper (with the seeds and all. I only removed the stalk). Then I added the sugar and ground more, to get the most of the ginger and pepper liquid. In a small bowl, I mixed the ground ingredients with the other ones, then strained. I poured the dressing over the salad and tossed well to cover all of the greens.

In my home, this amount of salad serves two people.

0 comentários:

Post a Comment