Biscuits to serve with coffee or tea.

9/20/2011




This recipe is repeated, except for two details: the flavor and shape.
These are made with the same dough used in alfajores, and are good
to serve with tea because they're very light.


1 1/4 all purpose flour
4/5 corn starch
1 baking powder
100g softened butter
2/5 cup confectioner's sugar (100ml, or 2 coffee cups)
if you use refined sugar the results aren't too different.
1 large egg yolk
(Cup measure: 240ml)
I sifted the dry ingredients into a bowl and set aside. In another bowl, I beat the butter and sugar with a wooden spoon, until they became a fluffly cream. So I passed the yolk through a sieve and added to the butter cream, stirring well.
Then I slowly mixed the dry and wet ingredients with a spoon until it became a crumble, and finished the dough gently kneading it by hand.

When the dough became smooth, I divided it in three equal parts, and to each one I gave one flavor: 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder dissolved in 2 tablespoons water; 1 teaspoon vanilla essence; 1 teaspoon powdered orange zest + 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.

I kneaded a bit more by hand until the flavors were incorporated, but not kneading too much (because of the gluten, as I said in a previous post). I wrapped it in plastic and let rest for 30 minutes before rolling it out. 
(You can leave it in the refrigerator for about 5 days if you can't bake the biscuits right away.
The only thing you got to pay attention too in that case, is to let the dough rest for 30 minutes at room temperature before rolling it out, otherwise it might be crumbly).
I rolled it out to a 0,5cm thickness, and used cutters with approximately 2cm diameter, to each flavor a shape. In the picture only the cinnamon-orange biscuits show.

You can keep them for a month in air tight containers.
I can't recall how much it yields, because I didn't write it down at the time,
but it must have been something around 150 tiny biscuits.

0 comentários:

Post a Comment