Crunchy cookies with walnuts, almonds and dark chocolate.

4/20/2012






(Em português)


During the last holiday, in which I've been with my family, I've baked these cookies for us.
They are super crunchy, hence they were a hit.
I've added chopped dark chocolate, almonds and walnuts. I only think they are a bit too sweet, mas sugar is what makes the cookies crunchy after all.
2 cups all purpose flour
1teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, melted and cold (200g = 2 sticks)
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 brown sugar
3 tablespoons water
250g chopped dark chocolate, almonds and walnuts (let's say it's about 3/4 cup?)
(Cup measure: 240ml)


Using a wooden spoon, I whipped together butter and the sugars in a large bowl until I got a smooth cream.
I sifted the flour, salt and baking soda and added to the bowl, mixing it all well. It looks a little bit like an uneven crumble or wet sand.
So I added 3 tablespoons water and continued beating with the spoon. The consistency turns to something like a paste, as you can see in the pictures below.
I added the chocolate and the nuts and stirred until they were evenly spread in the dough.






Since the dough takes a lot of butter, I didn't bother greasing the sheets nor lining them with parchment paper. I shaped balls with 2/3 tablespoon each, and flattened them slightly before placing in the sheets, leaving 5cm between the cookies. I put them in the refrigerator while waiting for the oven to preheat at 180oC - 15 minutes.
I baked each batch for about 17 minutes, until the cookies started to brown up a little bit on the edges and tops. When I took them out, I let them cool for 5 minutes in the sheets before transferring to a rack to cool completely. A large spatula would be very helpful here, but a tablespoon does the trick as well.
I repeated the process until all of the dough was gone.


This recipe has yielded 60 cookies. 30 I set aside to give as a gift, and the other 30 ones were finished in one afternoon.
Anyway, you could store them for up to one month in a well closed tin or in an airtight glass jar.

0 comentários:

Post a Comment