Oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies for a picnic at the park.

10/15/2011



Here am I, returning to the blog after many (nice) happenings which kept me busy
for a couple days.
Today I bring you a cookie recipe that got the approval of my friends on the last time
we went to Ibirapuera park together.
I wanted to bake something quick with the ingredients I had around, so after a search,
I chose this recipe and slightly adapted it.

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup refined sugar
100g softened butter
2 small eggs
1 generous teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup whole wheat finely ground flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup rolled oats, whole
1 1/4 cup rolled oats, steel cut
90g (1/2 bar, 1/2 cup) chopped bittersweet chocolate
90g (1/2 bar, 1/2 cup) chopped milk chocolate
(Cup measure: 240ml)

I whisked together the butter and sugars using a fouet (it can be done with a fork as well),
and as soon as it started to get lighter in color, I added the eggs and vanilla extract, stirring well. With a wooden spoon, I mixed in all of the dry ingredients, except for the chocolate, untill smooth.
Lastly I added the chocolate. At first, using the wooden spoon, then my hands until fully incorporated.
I turned on the oven to 180oC so that it could preheat, lined two large baking trays with parchment paper, and shaped the cookies with 1 tablespoon portion of dough each.
I shaped balls and flattened them. I tried to keep some chocolate chunks on the surface of
the cookies to make them look pretty, but I actually got lazy and didn't do take that care with all of them.
Anyway, the texture and flavor came out good. In part crunchy, in part soft.

The recipe yielded 48.

0 comentários:

Post a Comment