Another granola.

3/11/2011




(In Portuguese)

1 cup rolled oats




1/2 cup pepitas (dried pumpkin seeds, unsalted)*
1/2 cup dried cranberries
2 tablespoons full of flaxseeds
4 teaspoons full of honey
2 teaspoons sunflower oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
5 roughly minced cloves

I mixed well all ingredients, except for the oats, cranberries, flaxseeds, and pumpkin seeds,
and let it marinate for 10 minutes, to absorb the cloves flavor.
I added the oats and stirred to coat them all, and placed the mixture in a baking sheet to bake in pre-heated oven at 180oC for 20 minutes.
When I removed it from the oven, I added the remaining ingredients and let cool before
eating or storing. It keeps for a week in an airtight container.

*The pumpkin seeds, I toasted at home. It's super simple.
When I cook some pumpkin (in this case, butternut squash), I dig the seeds and tangled strings into a bowl. I separate with my hands, as much as possible, the seeds from the strings.
Then I place them in a sieve and wash in running water.
If there are leftover strings, I pull them out, and let the water strain.
For each seeds cup, I add 1/2 teaspoon oil and mix throughly. 
Then I transfer them to a baking sheet and bake in pre-heated oven at 180oC until they get tanned and crunchy, stirring from time to time.
Since I didn't have much, mine took about 15 minutes to bake.

0 comentários:

Post a Comment